Dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free. What is there not to love? 🙂
By Sarah Leung
Founder of Healthy Energy, Nutritionist and Dietitian
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: Almonds, goji berries, pistachios, coconut chips, himalayan sea salt
- Line a 20cm x 20cm tray with baking paper. You can also use cupcake molds and line these with cupcake liners!
- Whisk melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract together in a bowl until fully combined.
- Spoon honey into mixture and mix (you may want to add each spoonful in and taste to level of preferred sweetness).
- Pour chocolate mixture into tray or cupcake molds. Place these in the fridge for about 1 minute to slightly set (not too long or it might harden all the way through).
- Take the mixture out from fridge and top the chocolate with any toppings you like. We used chopped almonds, goji berries, pistachios, coconut chips and himalayan sea salt. Toppings are strongly suggested!
- Place tray or cupcake molds into the freezer for approximately 30 minutes or until hardened. If the chocolate is in the tray, remove from tray and break up the chocolate into smaller portions.
Store the chocolate for up to 1 month in the freezer or 2 weeks in the fridge.
You can find more simple and tasty recipes like this in our Spring 2015 issue e-magazine!
Click on the below image to download