Refreshingly filling with the beautiful taste of Asian flavours!
By Sarah Leung
Founder of Healthy Energy, Nutritionist and Dietitian
- A handful of dried sweet potato noodles
- 1 egg
- 1 carrot, grated
- A big handful of bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup coriander
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 1-2 tsp Korean red chilli powder
- Ground pepper
- To cook the noodle, place noodle into boiling water and boil for 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
- Blanch carrot and bean sprout by placing in boiling water for 5 seconds then placing in a bowl of ice water or cool under cold water.
- Whisk egg and spread thinly on a heated non-stick frying pan. Cut into long and thin strips once cooked.
- In a large bowl, mix carrot, bean sprouts, noodle and dressing ingredients.
- Arrange noodle and egg strips on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle coriander and sesame seeds on salad.
- Serve on its own or accompany with grilled meat or tofu.
You can find more simple and tasty recipes like this in our Spring 2015 issue e-magazine!
Click on the below image to download